List:       kplato
Subject:    Re: [kplato] Re: State of KPlato?
From:       Dag Andersen <danders () get2net ! dk>
Date:       2004-10-27 11:33:31

On Onsdag 27 oktober 2004 10:34, Sidoine Mosiah PIERREL wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I follow regularly the state of this list and I would like to
> submit the following.
>
> I build packages for several projects under Debian (KMLdonkey is
> the most well-known). And I write more and more docs. Just, I don't
> code. Is there anything which could be done for KPlato in these two
> fields?
I feel it is a bit early for documentation, the ui is still volatile.

> I expect a good planner and that's why I follow this list. For the
Don't we all :)
> moment, I use Project 98 under Win4Lin. This is not a solution but
> it works. I would be delighted to help. Just, normally, I don't
> code. If it's strictly necessary, I can learn.
Of non-coding stuff, the following comes to mind:
- Doc, see above.
- Icons.
- Testing to see what doesn't work as expected, and which functions to
put priority on.
- In general: good ideas, especially on ui.

> I will make a CVS deb package of the project within the few next
> days in order to see and if you agree, I will post it on my apt
> repository (deb http://openix1.free.fr/Debian ./)
Ok, I don't feel kplato is yet ready for any (even alpha) release, but
within 'to much time' it should be possible to stabelise basic
functions and disable not-ready code so that an unofficial release
like this would make sense.

--
Mvh,
Dag Andersen