List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch review: clearPluginData() problem
From:       Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-23 14:20:32

(Please don't forget to CC kopete-devel, or even only send the mail to the list)

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Warren Dumortier <nwarrenfl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the response.
> Well i do not think there are any bugs caused by this, but i can have a
> look.
> In fact this causes a problem when contacts are deserialized if the
> corresponding plugin isn't found or couldn't be loaded. It will erase the
> plugin data for the contacts but the contacts will still exist and be empty.
> A better fix maybe would be to remove the obsoleted contacts if the plugin
> wasn't found instead of removing their data, which is more logic too...
> What do you think?

Since I just happen to review some patches send to the list but am not
a Kopete developer myself, I'd rather hear the final decision on this
from someone else. If nobody else has a say on this (which,
unfortunately, seems to be quite possible), feel free to work on a new
patch that does whatever you think works better and doesn't destroy
user data.