List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: Kopete hacking
From:       dantti85-dev () yahoo ! com ! br
Date:       2010-07-21 20:22:10

> De: Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito@gmail.com>
Hmmm.
> I find some changes such as the protocol tabs interesting, and could not
> understand some points (transparent with a blur effect? user image
> plasmoid?).
With composite the konsole gets transparent, but for readability it's good
to have a blur effect on the transparency.
The user image is like the ms msn, but using what we already have
the computer monitor when you change you desktop background.

>Anyway, I'd rather commit these things separately and
> incrementally during our "unfrozen trunk" periods -- you post some review
> requests (preferably with screenshots) for individual UI changes, we review
> them and then you commit.
right, I'll ask for commit access to my friend so he can commit
the warning fixes he's working on.
In the mean time ( i think trunk is frozen now) I'll keep commiting
to gitorious to get it "stable" then i just merge my changes.

>Have you talked to the usability folks about
> this? Moving the application menu to the bottom left is probably quite
> inconsistent with the usual KDE HIG, for  example. Even though my experiences
> with the kde-usability mailing list weren't that productive, I think it
> might be a good idea to discuss this kind of change with
> them.
My experience with them wasn't so good tough not so long,
I think the best thing is to let users try it, and that is what
wife/friends is for :P, also the oxygem dudes also help me
lot on that, and letting every ones happy is no so easy.

about the application menu to the bottom left, is not so drastic
you use less space ppl that use skype are used to it, it will be a
button with a tool icon so easy to get what it is and
the current app menu as I said is a bit of redundant (not counting
what does not work).

best,
Daniel.