List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Question about Kopete in KDE 4.2
From:       "Alan Jones" <skyphyr () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-05 11:43:41

Hi David,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:09 PM, David Carlos Manuelda
<stormbyte@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been reading the roadmap, but it is not updated (all the things even for
> 4.1 are marked as not done, so I don't know if they are done or not), and I
> wanted to know if this new and shiny implementation of MSN Live will be in
> the scheduled release in KDE 4.2 (at least this is what is written in roadmap
> for 4.1 and not done yet).

I'm not sure what the plan is as I've only been on here a short time,
but I believe a
lot of distros have been putting the wlm protocol on in favour of the msn one.

> If not, how can it be enabled in order to test and report possible bugs?

It's been enabled by default for me building from trunk. You will need
to have libmsn (devel)
installed for it to be built though. If you build it yourself you'll
have the necessary pieces
installed to build the wlm protocol. http://libmsn.sf.net

> P.D. I really like the kopete idea, and I love kopete from KDE 3.5.10 release.
> In 4.1 I can't use kopete since it lacks support for several things and it
> wasn't stable enough, but I'm looking forward to see it running as well as
> always.. keep up the great work :)

If you could assign the bugs (assuming they're already reported, if
not report away and send
them my way) you find to be major issues to me I'll have a swing at resolving
them prior to release.

Cheers,

Alan.