List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] XMPP encryption
From:       Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter () stpeter ! im>
Date:       2008-08-14 19:25:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

We just ran a "snapshot" of some statistics at the jabber.org IM service
to see what percentage of users connect via SSL/TLS vs. unencrypted
connections.

Here are the numbers for Kopete:

Kopete total sessions: 765
Kopete c2s: 489
Kopete c2s_tls: 276

I'm surprised that so many Kopete connections are unencrypted. Perhaps
we could work together to improve these numbers? For example, maybe
Kopete doesn't have support for the root CA (StartCom) that issues the
digital certificate presented by the jabber.org service?

Peter

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]