List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Text color with spell check enabled
From:       Dhaval Patel <dhaval () patel ! sh>
Date:       2008-08-13 13:28:30

I have submitted a Kopete bug to make auto spell check more efficient by only
checking a word AFTER it has been typed (waiting for a space or punctuation,
similar to Firefox). I notice that while I am typing the word is checked with
each keypress. For instance, if you want to type the word "something".

- The first 2 chars are black "so".
- Typing the "m" makes it red "som".
- Typing the "e" makes it black "some".
- Typing the "t" makes it red "somet".
- Stays red until you finish "something".

I see the same behavior in Konqueror as well, perhaps its a KDE specific
problem? Should I submit the bug under a different section?

Thanks,
Dhaval