List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Google Summer of Code idea
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-03-21 9:42:51

(Note to Cory: this is my own opinion and shouldn't be seen as "approval"
yet :) )

On Thursday 20 March 2008 18:20:57 Cory Brassington wrote:
> I know this is not part of the official MSN protocol, but I'm sure it would
> be a nice "cool feature" to have and could
> definitely attract some users.
>
> Would this plugin be an acceptable GSoC application idea?

I think it's a nice idea to have.

Not top priority, but nevertheless a well-contained idea for a GSoC
application with a very clear goal and scope.

As far as the implementation goes, I would say that you want this on/off with
a global checkbox "[x] Enable MSN Plus features", and a possible override on
user and/or group level? Or is that already GUI bloat?

--
Martijn

"Apple" (c) Copyright 1767, Sir Isaac Newton.