List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Google Summer of Code idea
From:       "Cory Brassington" <cjb1 () sfu ! ca>
Date:       2008-03-20 17:20:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello everyone,

I'm a student thinking of contributing to Kopete for the GSoC.

Here's my idea:

Windows users of MSN Plus have access to a few "extra" features that are not
in the official MSN client.
For example, MSN Plus supports playing sounds that are originally downloaded
automatically from a server,
then saved on the user's computer for future plays.

I would like to implement the MSN Plus Sounds feature as a plugin for
Kopete. At the very least, I would
give it the ability to send and receive sounds and play requests to MSN Plus
clients and other Kopete clients
 with the plugin.

I know this is not part of the official MSN protocol, but I'm sure it would
be a nice "cool feature" to have and could
definitely attract some users.

Would this plugin be an acceptable GSoC application idea?

Thanks in advance,

-Cory