List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] changeGlobalStatusMessage and
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-04-24 4:53:58

On Apr 23, 2007, at 8:03 PM, adrian wrote:

> Hi kopete developers!
>
> I'm Adrián Medraño Calvo. This is my first contribution to the KDE
> Project
> I'm leaving here for review, so critics are almost required :).
>
> What does this patch do?
> - Creates Kopete::UI::KSaveLineEdit class, a QLineEdit with the
> ability to
> save it's contents with a mouse click and show changes-saved or
> changes-not-saved state.
> - Creates Kopete::KLineEditAction, an action that requires inline
> text input
> (not a dialog).
> - Makes editGlobalIdentityToolbar and setStatusMessage use
> KLineEditAction.
> - Removes some krazy complains (kopetewindow.cpp duplicated includes,
> contactlist->contactList).
> - Fixes some broken funcionality:
> 	- selecting "No message" in globalStatusMessageMenu didn't work
> because
> 		Kopete::Away::setGlobalAwayMessage didn't allow empty qstrings
> (this is the
> 		change I'm less confident about).
> 	- selecting any previous globalStatusMessage didn't work because
> all had same
> 		index assigned: 0, as "No message".
>
> Questions:
>
> keditlineaction:
> - I measured by eye(?¿!) Qlabel margins for imitating menu items
> and hardcoded
> them(wahwhawha!), is there any global value that could be used
> instead?
> - is the clear-focus-when-saved behaviour ok?
>
> kopetewindow.cpp&kopeteeditglobalidentitfywidget.cpp:
> - Are the icon("edit") and text("Edit") wanted and accurate for
> actionChangeGlobalNickname?
> - Are the icon("document-new") and the text("New") wanted and
> accurate for
> actionChangeGlobalStatusMessage?
>
> Sure i forget lots of questions :).
> Bye!
> <lineedit.patch>

Hi Adrián,

Could you explain a little bit about what functionality your patch
adds? Right now, the only thing I see are two new classes, some
updates to use those classes, some krazy fixes, and a few bug fixes.
I'm not personally able to put together a good picture in my head of
what this is for. I'd appreciate it if you could explain it.

Thanks
--
Matt