List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] use QTextDocument in Kopete::Message as body
From:       Michaël_Larouche <larouche () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-04-13 22:16:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le April 12, 2007 15:42, Charles Connell a écrit :
> I'm ready to commit my changes to Message if nobody objects (sorry for
> letting this drag on so long on the mailing list)
>

> I've added the functions setPlainBody(QString) and setHtmlBody(QString).
> These are now the recommended functions to use to set the body.
> setBody(..., MessageFormat) is now just in for compatibility. I can go
> through the code and quickly change the function setBody function calls to
> the right ones sometime soon
>
> Message::MessageFormat::ParsedHTML and Message::MessageFormat::Crypted no
> longer exist. They were practically unused, and their removal leads to my
> next change:
>
> Soon I will convert MessageFormat to Qt::TextFormat. It would break too
> much to do it now.
>
> I've had to make modifications to kopetemessage_test to make every test
> pass (except the XFAIL one, which I left as is)
>
> The setBody(QTextDocument*) now only takes one argument, RichText is
> implied
>
> And Michael, (how do you make an umlaut?:)) I think if you want to
> refactor, this is good starting point.
>
> Lastly, I've added my name to the copyright and author notices. If this is
> inappropriate bragging, please let me know. Since I really changed
> Message's behavior, I want to be responsible for it, that's all.

Revisiting the class made me though that this class just need some cleanup
like simplify the constructor, replace fg with foregroundColor() and such and
remove includes from the header.

Beside you forgot to attach the updated patch :)
--
Michaël Larouche
KDE developer working on Kopete, Gamefu(KDE), Solid...on dial-up :P