List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] use QTextDocument in Kopete::Message as body
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-04-12 20:58:27

On Thursday 12 April 2007, Charles Connell wrote:
> I'm ready to commit my changes to Message if nobody objects (sorry for
> letting this drag on so long on the mailing list)

Actually, I'm glad you took so long, since I planned on reviewing your stuff
tomorrow or this weekend.

I don't care so much about the technical implementation, I see a long thread
(which I still have to read) that no doubt contains more insight than I can
ever give.

My personal interest wrt your patches is performance. Most notably, the
detection of the text direction (isLeftToRight). The current approach to
convert to plain text using unescape() first is quite a detour for simply
detecting whether a message is RTL or not.

Without having looked closely at your patches I won't object to your
committing, but once I get to that, but can you tell me off-hand if you found
a way to avoid the unescape() altogether or at least keep its replacement at
the same speed if it's still needed for RTL detection?

--
Martijn