List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Plugin idea
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-04-14 21:37:03

On Saturday 14 April 2007, Mihai Balan wrote:
> Seems I haven't got myself quite clear.. What I wanted to do (and asked for
> your opinion about) was simply a RSS plugin for Kopete. A plugin that would
> allow a user to stay in touch with his favourite RSS feeds without needing
> to have an alternate RSS aggregator running (aKregator, karss, etc.)

Sure, but it would be a waste to reinvent all code again and not reuse other
KDE technologies, no? ;)

I'm not sure if Akonadi covers RSS next to mail and organizer, but if it does,
you surely want to use it as a backend. Akonadi is just a backend, not a GUI
after all.

Anyway, it was just a thought...

--
Martijn

Confucius say: One minute shut mouth worth one hour explanation.