List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Core/GUI Split in libkopete
From:       Duncan Mac-Vicar <duncan () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-03-18 22:31:32

On Sunday 18 March 2007 16:09:35 Matt Rogers wrote:
> The answer to the question of "Which way should we do it?" lies solely upon
> the outcome of "How important is the core/gui split to us really?"
>
> So, how important is the core/gui split to us really?

One of the areas Will is doing some research is using Kopete protocols as
Telepathy Connection Managers. In order to do this you have to emulate some
way a part of the Kopete API. This is hard if the API exposes the UI too
much.

I'd consideer it important.

Also, we don't know how long we will use our GUI classes, probably in the
future the desktop provides 1st class objects and UI items for things like
people and presence.

Duncan