List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Kopete Development Status
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-01-20 19:20:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 20 January 2006 07:36, Michaël Larouche wrote:
> Le Vendredi 20 Janvier 2006 00:07, Matt Rogers a écrit  :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just a quick update for everybody:
> >
> > A merge from dev-0.12 to trunk will take place on Friday during the
> > afternoon and evening my time (-6 GMT). I will only guarantee that
> > libkopete, kopete, and testbed compile after the merge.
>
> Like your last merge, I'll make sure that the know to compile things will
> compile after your merge.

Thanks. The only reason I don't want to make sure what compiles now compiles
after the merge is because i know i'll be breaking oscar, and well, i'm
lazy. :) Once more things compile, I'll make sure merges don't affect
compilation.

> > Tagging for KDE 3.5.1 is Friday. While there's not been an actual freeze
> > announced, I'm assuming it's the same as last time and things are frozen
> > until coolo tags KDE 3.5.1 Friday.
>
> That's bad CodingSlave didn't finish the fix for file transfert in MSN.
>
> > Kopete in trunk is getting closer to compiling completely. Gadu-Gadu and
> > NowListening now compile.
>
> More will come next week :)
>
> IRC protocol will take longer to port because it's still the old KDE3
> socket implementation (not new thiago network classes). I'm not sure that
> I'll port it. Maybe I'll leave that to IRC maintainer.

I believe there is an IRC port to Qt 4 in the kopete-irc-rewrite branch

> For Jabber, I'll wait for the feature freeze in 0.12 to start porting it
> (Psi has begin to port to Qt4, include a Qt4 libiris).

Yes, I expected Jabber to wait since the psi guys are working on a Qt 4
libiris

> > I would appreciate it if somebody could try and find a replacement for
> > our use of Q3MimeSourceFactory in
> > libkopete/kopetemimesourcefactory.{h,cpp}. AFAICT, the Qt resource system
> > won't work for the way we're using the old QMimeSourceFactory.
>
> I haven't looked at that yet.
>
> > What is the status of Jingle?
>
> Sorry, the work is stalled, IMO this should be considered as a experimental
> feature. Will try to motive me to work on this this weekend, because the
> freeze is in 2 weeks :)

well, the feature is already in, so it's fine, unless you have more features
to add. :)

> > Can the XHTML+CSS chatwindow stuff be considered done?
>
> It's like Johann said, that's the missing things (besides fixing bugs ;)).
> See his email.
>
> Doc is complete, planned features for 0.12 is complete.
>
> > Have a nice weekend. :)

Seems like we're in good shape. :)
--
Matt