List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] kopete IM plugin and HTML messages
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () tiscalinet ! be>
Date:       2005-12-11 19:10:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le Dimanche 11 Décembre 2005 20:01, Christian Parpart a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> well, I'm still thinking (read: designing) on how to implement a Kopete
> plugin for my community server I wrote, however, this server actually
> submits already XHTML formatted chat messages to listening clients, as the
> only client software currently existing was an apache module.
>
> So, can I just pass them to kopete directly? I mean, a message could even
> contain a <div class='whatever'> or <table> and alike.

You can give to the Kopete::Message a XHTML formated body by specifying
RichText as format argument.

Anyway, be aware that the content will be passed dirrectly to KHTML without
being parsed at all.
Java and JavaScript are disabled.  But not images, link, ....  that will
appears as it. so there may be phishing problems.