List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Creating experimental/sandbox branch
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-05 8:44:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le Samedi 5 Novembre 2005 05:11, Michaël Larouche a écrit :
> We were discussing myself, Johann and others on IRC about the future of the
> Kopete Chat Window Styles.

I have already a patch for this at
http://gof.homeip.net/olivier/kopete_css    (this page is on my home computer,
which is down when i'm not there)

This patch is one year old, so some change will be required to make it work.
(but not su much)

here is my post about it one year ago
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kopete-devel&m=109968428830452&w=2

This patch let you select either a .css file or a .xsl

The only objection is:

Le Samedi 6 Novembre 2004 04:18, Jason Keirstead a écrit :
> Bad idea. CSS is nowhere near as flexable as XSLT, and many of our current
> styles would not be able to be created using that scheme.

But IMO, the one that wrote that was insane.

For the little history, the CSS where at this time a bit more powerfull than
xslt, as it allow to group messages from the same user, and not xslt.
But because of this tread, the TRANSFORM_ALL_MESSAGES was added to do the
adium style.

Anyway, i did not applied my patch because of the strong objections of some.
Objections that are, in my opinion, not correct.

I'm not against to try to use the same XHTML as adium if possible.
But i fear this will _not_ be possible, as we offer different possibilities.

please do _not_ call the branch   kopete_adium_style.
call it kopete_css_style instead.
or don't put it in a branch, but directly in trunk if you can get it working.
(or even in dev-0.12 ?)