List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Re: my first bugfix :)
From:       Richard Smith <kde () metafoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-06-03 18:41:02

On Thursday 02 June 2005 09:27, Chani wrote:
> err... I fixed a minor bug with emoticons. they were showing up nearly
> everywhere except people's names in chatwindows, and it really bugs me...
> as far as I can tell, the code that was supposed to add them was actually
> removing them.

If I remember this correctly, that code is doing what we had in mind. At the
time, we had no emoticons in the contact list, so it was inconsistent (and
sometimes just plain wrong) to have them in nicknames in the chat window. So
we went to some lengths to make sure they didn't appear there.

Now we do have emoticons in the chat window, so we should have them in
nicknames wherever we can, for consistency (though that means if you turn
them off in the contact list, they should not appear in nicknames in the
chatwindow either). So I'm in favour of adding this functionality, in some
form.
--
Thanks,
Richard