List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Proposal: Global display name changing as a plugin
From:       Michaël_Larouche <kuramadoushi.shock () globetrotter ! net>
Date:       2005-05-15 23:44:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Olivier Goffart wrote:

>Few comment about the screenshot:
>
>- "Use the nickname of this account" ...
>Yes, i understand what this do.
>This could be usefull for people using different clients.
>But may be a cause of confusion for newbies.
>maybe renaming it to "synchronize my global nickname with the nickname used
>for the account: "
>(maybe someone who speak better English could find a better formulation)

Updated, it's sound better now :)

>- the avatar:
>
>96x96  is a MSN Messenger limitation.
>It is possible to have image of a different size.
>
>The KABC size is different.
>
>So i don't think we should limit the size of the image.

What is the size of the KABC avatar then ?

Besides, I will need a briefing for KABC intregration with the global
identity.
I have no idea how it works and I don't use it myself.

>Please post your first patches here before commit.
>As it is your first patches, i'd like to review them.

Sure, no problem.

Michel Hermier wrote:

>From what I see you don't offer an option to disable the use the global
>naming.
>Maybe a tick box to enable/disable the system would be great.

I added a checkbox to enable/disable the whole system. It is just GUI
for the moment.

--
Michaël Larouche (Shock The Dark Mage)
The C++ programmer on dial-up :P