List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Skype plugin
From:       "Michal Vaner \(Vorner\)" <vorner () atlas ! cz>
Date:       2005-05-15 7:00:33

On Saturday 14 of May 2005 21:26, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
> On Sunday 08 May 2005 20:09, Gustavo Barbieri wrote:
> > Great, I cannot test it ATM, but I have some questions:
> >
> >  - will it integrate with arts? Skype itself does a horrible job and
>
> I hope they dont because KDE will stop using arts soon or later.

It will sound odd, but the Skype plugin will not do anything with sound. It
just asks Skype application to do the work for it, just without showing the
window. So as long as the Skype itself have a sound, the plugin will work
(when it is done) as well.

Between, what will happen to all applications that uses arts, like noatun and
what happens to people that does _not_ have a decent sound card?