List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Skype plugin
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-08 8:58:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le Dimanche 8 Mai 2005 02:01, Matt Rogers a écrit  :
> On Saturday 07 May 2005 01:37 pm, Michal Vaner (Vorner) wrote:
> > I've been working on the skype plugin for a while and I decided I will
> > publish it now. It supports chats (one to one, conferences are not
> > supported yet), loading contacts on startup and online statuses. Of
> > course, there is really much to do still.

Please get a SVN.
Your protocol will probably have a better live inside the svn repository.
More people using it -> more test -> more bug report -> more bug fixed

Matt's comment are right, but:

> - follow "standard" kopete license and copyright style. see
> kdenetwork/kopete/protocols/oscar/liboscar/ or kdenetwork/kopete/libkopete
> for examples.

I don't want to force protocol or plugin author to follow the Kopete style.
Of course, code in the libkopete/ and kopete/ should follow it, but let choose
plugin author their own style.

> - too many comments, not every line needs a comment. the doxygen comments
> for the header are ok, although some of them have really long lines that
> should be split up

Eh, the most common code suffer of not being documented enough.  I think this
is fine.

another comment from me:
- As your code is not a library, there is no need to have d ptr.

- In the constructor of SkypeProtocol, you register two staus in the Online
Category.  There should be only one status per protocol per category.
(in the cvs version, there is a free for chat category)

> Hope these initial comments help. I haven't actually taken the time to test
> your patch yet though, and assume that it does work.

same for me