List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Consistancy in themeing
From:       roze () roze ! mine ! nu
Date:       2005-04-05 14:12:58

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kopete-devel&m=110759590204364&w=2
So basically you want the designers to use _only_ classes instead of xslt ?
I agree this could be good for consistency, but I will really miss that test
to see if a value exist and base my output on that.

using only html/css for this tasks makes it much more difficult to change the
appearance drastically for different entities, such as actions and internal
messages.

Actually, I think the XML/XSLT we use now is a close-to-perfect solution.

It's good to see new ways of doing it, but not being able to construct the
display based upon input data would make things less usable to designer.
(less usable and much easier to work with, giving a tremendous amount of new
themes which look basically the same :)

I still think we should remove the class="" from the designing och themes, and
use only xslt for that purpose.

/Jonas Lihnell