List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Consistancy in themeing
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-05 14:03:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le Mardi 5 Avril 2005 15:32, roze@roze.mine.nu a écrit :
> > > The reason this is bad is that if I would decide to use classes myself
> > > in my theme, those would be overriden if I wanted to use highlights,
> > > and it's inconsistent with how we derive and use other value.
> >
> > If it were correctly documented, i don't see the problem
>
> The problem lies in the fact that it is not valid to use more than one
> class on a single tag (or am I wrong?).

yes, you are wrong.
use several classe separated by spaces

> Also, I doubt that growing the xsd schema and putting all values for
> appearance that the user selects for his message-style will slow it down to
> such a point that it becomes unusable.

of course, but we first put all appearcance, and after we add some more tag,
and even more and more
(I'm alrady against the idea of putting the base64 encoded image in it)

> if it does, add an option not to use styles/theming (and maybe you should
> out of the same reason you won't let us theme to contact list!)

add an option, and then another option, and another.

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kopete-devel&m=110759590204364&w=2