List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Re: CTRL+ENTER or ENTER?
From:       Gav Wood <gav () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-11 18:24:49

On Sunday 11 January 2004 18:11, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Sunday 11 January 2004 18:34, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> > Some people here at kde-usability are proposing putting the option to
> > use "Enter" in a place more visible, since many users are not likely
> > to find it where it is.
>
> The same style guide says that shortcuts should be configured in the
> Configure Shortcuts dialog, which is a standard component of any
> well-behaving KDE app and thus consistent.
>
> Thus I object to having a separate option for the shortcut key.

by that logic kpersonalizer breaks a host host of the style guidelines.

surely providing a first-time-run option akin to kpersonalizer where the user
can quickly and easily select between enter and ctrl-enter (or perhaps better
multi- and single- line edits) would only be "breaking" the guidelines as
much as kpersonalizer, which is generally acknowledged to be a good thing?

gav
--
Gav Wood <gav@kde.org>

cogito ergo non satis bibivi