List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Remove group by metacontact
From:       Will Stephenson <lists () stevello ! free-online ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-11-04 17:58:20

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 17:33, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> Bug #62354 has made me realize that we have too many grouping options. Such
> a simple choice doesn't need such complication.
>
> As such, does anyone see a real need for group by metacontact? The other 4
> have valid uses, but really, how often are you going to be talking to the
> same person at the same time on two different protocols?
>
> Any objections to removing this somehwat superflous option? It wasn't in
> 0.7x so it wouldn't be missed by users.

I suggest that we remove the 'group by account' option too - it contradicts
our vision of an integrated messenger, and a messenger where the actual IM
protocol used is not significant.  Those who want this are just using Kopete
to emulate separate messaging clients.  If they are trying to separate chats
by role, they can achieve this using KopeteGroups and 'Group by group'

Don't group, Always group, and Group by group (ha!) are the minimal and
sufficient set of options.

Will Stephenson
IRC: Bille