List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] kdenetwork/kopete/protocols/gadu
From:       Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj () pointblue ! com ! pl>
Date:       2003-10-07 23:46:37

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:

> El Tuesday 07 October 2003 18:11, Grzegorz Jaskiewicz escribió:
> > CVS commit by gj:
> >
> > Zack gave his approval for that.
> > CCMAIL:kopete-devel@kde.org
>
> whatever did he approve or not, why did you ask him and why was this change
> needed? This field represents a credit and not maintainership... I don't see
> you have rewriten the plugin so I don't see the need to remove Zack from
> credits. IMH *he* is the plugin author, regardless he maintains it or not.

a) Most of this code is mine.
b) I don't know how to change this bit in different way, i was told to
chage it in gadu.desktop - and so it was done.
c) Zack copyrights in sources appear, if he wrote/designed any of its bit.
d) He simply don't care about gadu anymore. I do, so I feel like it is
time for me to take full responsability for it and be listed as author and
maintainer.
e) For me, simple maintainer is a guy that keeps eye on code, but does not
improve nor develop it anymore.
f) nobody said that zack didn't wrote it. He is still listed as author of
gadu, and kopete developer in credits.
e) those are not credits, but current *responsible* person dude.

--
GJ