List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Re: kdenonbeta/kopete/libkopete
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-06 21:17:24

On Sunday 06 July 2003 21:32, Grzegorz Jaskiewicz wrote:
> wrong, wrong, wrong.
> How about - you want to display status ?
> In some protocols you can type your own status (jabber, gadu).
> How about you want to show nickname as well ?

Tell me, what strings that you want in the tooltip are not available in
libkopete already?

And even more important, what strings are special-cased for some protocols so
you need to add yet another virtual to libkopete instead of aiming for a
uniform presentation between plugins?

> Where is about you know what you have, i doubt that.
> If you want to remove this, please give me another way to format tooltip
> message.

See above: I don't see the need for a tooltip that differs amongst protocols
in its formatting. So unless you can convince me somehow that there is a real
need for it I still want you to revert this.

> Userfriendly means also - give user an information, clear information.
> This is one step more to be more userfriendly. You cannot deny that.

Userfriendly is also Consistency. Tooltips with varying content and
presentation across plugins is not consistent.

Oh, and if you want to add the protocol name to the string, how about using
KopetePlugin::displayName() instead of adding it hardcoded?

--
Martijn