List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Re: kdenonbeta/kopete/libkopete
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-05 15:17:18

On Saturday 05 July 2003 17:08, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> The whole reason I am arguing about this is that I think that its
> absolutely retarded that an MC with no loaded and/or no working protocols

Winpopup and SMS can be loaded and are supposed to be working.

The 'protocol not loaded' case is different and is not part of this
discussion. 'Protocol not loaded' is equivalent to 'Protocol is offline'.
This is a user that is Offline at YOUR end instead of the REMOTE end, but
it's still offline.

Not sure what status to use for that case. Not Unknown, but Offline has a more
or less implied meaning of being 'remote offline' and is a bad candidate as
well. Maybe ProtocolOffline or so?

Anyway, the thread was about the 'real' Unknown status, so we'd better stick
to the topic and get distracted into other issues. Open a separate thread if
you want to discuss this or have ideas for improvement.

--
Martijn