List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Re: kdenonbeta/kopete/libkopete
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2003-07-05 15:08:10

On July 5, 2003 08:41 am, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Friday 04 July 2003 22:37, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> > By this criteria then an offline ICQ user should also be "Unknown" status
> > right? Certain Jabber users would also be unknown. It is not consistant..
>
> No, the status _IS_ known. The protocol reports it as "Offline", so we have
> to trust the protocol for that.

> With SMS however (as well as WinPopup) the protocol reports NO STATUS AT
> ALL. Thus, "Unknown".

The whole reason I am arguing about this is that I think that its absolutely retarded
that an MC with no loaded and/or no working protocols shows up in the contact list,
and even more so that he shows up when I have it set to only show online users.
If there's no protocols loaded for the guy then you most certainly can NOT reach him
at all.  It doesn't get any more offline than that.

Either
	Unknown should not be shown when you have it set to online only
Or
	A contact with no protocols does not have the status Unknown, he has some
	other status for "No Protocols" or whatever, that is  lower than Offline so that
	he doesn't show up.

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org