List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Re: kdenonbeta/kopete/libkopete
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-03-04 14:22:12

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 11:38, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> changing the identityId mean changing the myself() 's contactId on the fly.
> that is impossible. too (currently)

Right. I said about the same thing on kde-cvs :)

I don't think we *ever* want this. You can edit all kinds of stuff in an
account, but NOT the account name I'd say without recreating the objects
internally. Whether we still allow it in the GUI is another concern. On the
one hand I'd much prefer to disallow it, but on the other hand there's the
risk of typos and having a user create a new account just for that?

Opinions?

--
Martijn