List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Misc info re: 0.6 release and showstoppers
From:       Stefan Gehn <sgehn () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-01-30 15:51:51

Boing,

On Donnerstag Januar 30 2003 16:05, Nick Betcher wrote:
> today or this weekend. Lets just keep the showstoppers in this thread and
> I'll put them into a text file.

This list is more or less in order of importance

General:
- what about the MetaContact<->Contact renaming mess?
- unfolding groups in contactlist erases the (x/y) display showing "number of
online/overall number of contacts" for a group
- what about the sound problems we had? I remember somebody said you cannot
change sound behaviour for away modes, I did not test this myself
- oscar prefs-ui has no layout
- chat appearance has a preview field with no code behind it (i.e. does not
show preview), maybe remove it for the release
- grey idle metacontacts setting NOT honored for icons, my oscar users still
show greyed icons with that option OFF, it's only honored for text.
----- (now the less important ones for 'General')
- chat window translucency slider has not enough tickmarks, why not show more
of them and why not show a value as well?
- is that "hide metacontacts" option still needed, afaik it was there to get
rid of the folded contact inside the metacontact?
- maybe add more precise descriptions to options using tooltips, that's really
easy to do with designer (not a showstopper, just a suggestion if somebody
got enough time!)

ICQ-Protocol:
- Need to fix filename/path for receiving files, I will do that tomorrow
evening (in about 26 hours from now), sorry but I cannot start this now but I
have to finish stuff for work today
- non-latin-1 chars in icq-nicknames (bug #51483), uhm, no idea but would be
nice to fix :/
- invalid memory read (bug #51476), Martijn, got time on friday or saturday to
tackle this together and see if it's still there?

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn_AT_gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein