List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] MSN: Hotmail Inbox
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-28 16:21:17

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 16:55, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> It was most certainly not fixed. I looked over the code, and no provision
> was made for people who did not have hotmail *at all* (you do not need
> hotmail to use msn, my email is @sneakemail.com). If you didn't have
> hotmail it was creating a file which was never being used. The plugin was
> piling up temp files left and right, I had > 300 when I checked on it.
>
> Line 421 in msnnotifysocket.cpp:
>
> else if(msg.contains("text/x-msmsgsprofile"))
> 	{
> 		if( msnId().contains("@hotmail.com") || msnId().contains("@msn.com"))
> 		{
> 	... code
>
> That is all I did to fix the bug.

MSNNotifySocket::slotOpenInbox (line 351): the temp file is NOT CREATED AT ALL
if you don't ask Kopete to open your inbox.

Also note that you won't get a 'text/x-msmsgsprofile' in the first place if
your MSN Passport is not an @msn or @hotmail address (like mine), making it
even more unlikely that whatever fix in the location you quoted makes even
the slightest difference.

--
Martijn