List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] MSN: Hotmail Inbox
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2003-01-28 15:55:30

On January 28, 2003 11:51 am, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 January 2003 16:19, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> > I recently fixed a bug that was causing MSN users who did not have a
> > hotmail account at all (like me) to have hundreds of files piled up in
> > their temp folder. I added a check to make sure that your email ends in
> > @hotmail.com. I forgot that you can have @msn.com, this is probably the
> > cause. Ill add this in.
>
> Huh????????????????
>
> I fixed that a while ago already by making sure 1. the files are not
> created when you're not actually activating the hotmail box and 2. the
> files are removed when done and the support from KDE (kdelibs HEAD) is
> there.
>
> So I'm not sure what exactly you did since, but I'd like to see the diff of
> it. Sounds to me like my own code didn't work if you needed this.

It was most certainly not fixed. I looked over the code, and no provision was
made for people who did not have hotmail *at all* (you do not need hotmail to
use msn, my email is @sneakemail.com). If you didn't have hotmail it was
creating a file which was never being used. The plugin was piling up temp
files left and right, I had > 300 when I checked on it.

Line 421 in msnnotifysocket.cpp:

else if(msg.contains("text/x-msmsgsprofile"))
	{
		if( msnId().contains("@hotmail.com") || msnId().contains("@msn.com"))
		{
	... code