List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Last few issues (for me)
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2003-01-27 23:45:47

On January 27, 2003 06:39 pm, Bart Verwilst wrote:
> Hellow!
>
> For the 0.6 release, i only found the following 4 issues that i think need
> to be handled ;o)
>
> 1°  Jabber doesn't compile :o)

This was caused by me renaming a function in KMM that I had no idea was called
by any protocol MMs. it seems Yahoo and Jabber are calling newChatView(). Can
someone tell me *why* ? All the chatview stuff is handled internally by KMM,
the protocol MMs shouldn't be messing with it.

Anyway I fixed the compile bug.

> 2° With the tabs, there is no way to know when a user says something new..
> maybe a '*' before the name, or (<number of messages>) would be cool in the
> tabs?

I will for sure get this in tonight. Should not be too difficult.

> 3° Pressing <enter> in the chatview sends empty messages.. Bad mojo... :o)

You cannot send an empty message. If you press enter twice though you will
send a message containing a newline. This is not a bug, as we shouldn't
prevent people from sending whitespace if they so desire, no IM client I know
of does this.

> 4°  When you unhide kopete, there is a horizontal slider at the bottom,
> which only goes away as soon as you resize the mainwindow.. Would be cool
> if that slider could always be hidden, since all nicks get cut off with
> "..." anyways, and the slider is there even when my nicks only reach until
> the half of the contactlist.

Not sure if I understand this at all. You don't want the scrollbar if the
nicks are too long? Then how could you view the rest of the text? This would
be horrible.

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org