List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] PATCH: MSN error codes handled (2)
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-10 9:01:17

On Friday 10 January 2003 02:47, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> The patch looks clean (and usefull)

But it's not correct I think :)

>  I will commit it tonight if no one objects within the next hour :)

Hmm, I couldn't object since I was asleep :P

To explain the problem I see: MSNSocket is a base class for MSNNotifySocket,
MSNDispatchSocket and MSNSwitchBoardSocket. Whereas both the notify socket
and the dispatch socket have these error codes I wonder if they also apply to
the swtitchboard (and the file transfer socket too btw).

If they do, then all error handling should go here to centralize it. If they
don't, this patch should have been applied to MSNAuthSocket instead to only
cover the notify and dispatch sockets.

Would it hurt to centralize this here? Any ideas?

--
Martijn