List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Contactlist.xml Question
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-29 17:27:48

On Sunday 29 December 2002 18:00, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> Why does ICQ alone have an address-book-field specifying its user id for
> the protocol? Others are inside the plugin-data field. Is there a reason
> for this, or is it just old code? I think we should try for consistancy
> here.

ICQ is the only plugin that's already using the address book part of the API
currently ;-)

The address book fields store the data that makes sense in kabc once we add
support for that, so they are definitely not old API. Nor are the normal
plugin-data fields btw. They have a completely different goal. See
KopeteMetaContact's code/header for some docs.

Btw: I'm working on the serializing API for contacts currently to make it
easier to use. After that you can expect all plugins to use the
kabc-compatible API, and also serializing of contacts in general to be a lot
easier. (3 lines of code per kopetecontact instead of the 20+ lines that most
plugins use now.)

--
Martijn