List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [Kopete-devel] Contactlist.xml Question
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2002-12-29 17:00:08

I was recently looking at contactlist.xml and noticed a discrepancy.
Contacts which have an ICQ user in them look like this:

    <display-name>Metacontact Name</display-name>
    <groups>
      <group>General</group>
    </groups>
    <address-book-field id="messaging/icq">123456789</address-book-field>
    <plugin-data plugin-id="ICQProtocol">ICQ NickName</plugin-data>
    <plugin-data plugin-id="MSNProtocol">msn_email_address@hotmail.com||MSN Nickname||0,0,1</plugin-data>

But if they were created via some other protocol, the format is like this

    <display-name>Metacontact Name</display-name>
    <groups>
      <group>Kopete Developers</group>
    </groups>
    <plugin-data plugin-id="MSNProtocol">msn_email_address@hotmail.com||MSN Nickname||0,0,1</plugin-data>

Why does ICQ alone have an address-book-field specifying its user id for the protocol?
Others are inside the plugin-data field. Is there a reason for this, or is it just old code?
I think we should try for consistancy here.

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org