List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [Kopete-devel] SMS Plugin
From:       Richard =?iso-8859-1?q?L=E4rk=E4ng?= <richard () goteborg ! utfors ! se>
Date:       2002-11-13 21:52:22

Hi!

I actually sent the first SMS this weekend, and the archtecture works ok,
but there are some things I wonder about. The sms was sent through Spray,
which is a swedish portal, so if you would like to try it you need to
understand swedish to register.

I changed the status to "Unknown" for KopeteContacts, which I think was the
status we agreed to use, but the contacts still gets hidden when offline and
showOffline is set to false. I looked at the code, but  couldn't find out
what's wrong with it. Does anybody know where this check is done?

We're still lacking services, if anyone knows of any such webservice please
mail me, I don't think it would be to hard to add one more after doing the
first one.

What do you think about sms through icq, should this be made through the
icq-plugin or the sms-plugin? If it should be through the sms-plugin I would
like to get some information about how I would do that.

Also other programs would be intresting to support, haven't really checked
what programs are available, but if anybody knows of one please mail me.

The protocol still lacks an icon too, does anyone feel like doing that?
Otherwise, is the kde-artwork be appropriate for this or is that list only
for discussing "artwork" in kde?

Richard Lärkäng