List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] SMS plugin
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-03 22:37:02

On Monday 04 November 2002 00:34, Richard Lärkäng wrote:
> Realized that there wasn't an Not Available in the contactstatus enum in
> kopetecontact, should I add that?

Yes, I said "should be added", not "should be used" since it's not there yet
;-)

That said, there is a bit of code, like isReachable() and isOnline() that
should ideally be changed as well.

I suggest isOnline to return an enum { Offline, Online, Unknown }, where you
can send messages to unknown users ('status != Offline' or 'status > Offline'
in code), but you do appear differently in the contact list.

This change affects quite a bit more of the API and is not urgent, but should
be done one day or another. For now I suggest you simply add it as a FIXME in
the code and/or add it to the ROADMAP file.

For the long run patches are welcome ;-)
--
Martijn