List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [Kopete-devel] Re: kdenonbeta/kopete/protocols/icq_new
From:       Andy Goossens <andygoossens () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-11-02 1:09:04

On Thursday 31 October 2002 15:21, Nick Betcher wrote:
> CVS commit by nbetcher:
>

> This fixes the compilation errors here. Kudos goes to Andy Goossens and
> Dominique Devriese (for trying). This is slightly different from Andy's
> patch because it accounts for utf8 messages, nicknames, and groups (I hope
> the ICQ server supports utf8 nicks and groups, although it seems it does).

Thanks Nick (for trying) ;-)

ICQ messages now end up with weird characters due to the wrong encoding.
e.g. send "àbûüçèé" and you will get "à bûüçèé"
Receiving is OK

Looks like my patch was the best one after all :-p
Sorry Nick, Zack...

Background information:

http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/qt-copy/src/tools/qstring.h contains
<code>
#ifndef QT_NO_CAST_ASCII
    // like all ifdef'd code this is undocumented
    operator char() const { return latin1(); }
#endif
</code>

This was causing trouble when QT_NO_ASCII_CAST was declared. As you can see,
it uses the latin1() method to get the job done. My patch explicitly added
the ".latin1()" part, so that it would compile when QT_NO_ASCII_CAST was
declared.

I wasn't saying my patch was *perfect*, but at least it didn't change any
logic in the icq plugin. And I didn't introduce new bugs ;-)

--
// Andy Goossens

// Quote of the day:
Watch all-night Donna Reed reruns until your mind resembles oatmeal.