List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [Kopete-devel] capabilites design
From:       Christopher Young <cyoung () linuxnetworker ! com>
Date:       2002-06-16 18:42:54

I'm not on the list, but I read the archives from time to time.  I also wanted
to note a couple of things on this among other things:

1.  Yahoo sends messages to tell you when the user is typing a message, so
some sort of status might be needed for that if Yahoo support is ever to come
(which is a must for me as I use Yahoo as my primary IM).  It would be nice
is Kopete already had this in place somehow so that someone writing a Yahoo
plugin could utilize it.

2.  I don't think this falls under the topic at hand, but automatic spell
checking would be cool using kspell or something :)

3.  Basic email notification would be cool (POP, IMAP, Local), but I know that
there are many other apps that do this.  It's just that the bubble
notification and everything in Kopete is so cool!  t does appear that the
kde-usability people are working on integrating this into the rest of KDE. :)

Anyway, I really LOVE that you guys are building this app.  It has alot of
potenial and once Yahoo support is in it, it will be my primary IM client.
Althought right now, I can't get the AIM plugin to even connect which is
weird.  I eagerly await each release to see how things evolve!

Chris
--
Christopher M. Young,
RHCE, MCSE, SCSA, CCNA, CCA

"We're not Taliban. We just want to work."
 -- David Vila (Mexian Migrant)