List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Contact List overhaul
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-02 19:13:25

On Sunday 02 June 2002 20:55, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
> and what is protocol ???? a QString too? "icq" , "msn"?
> That is the sucky design that trillian uses.

QString should be easy enough to make unique. Use the name of the .desktop
file used for the plugin, that one HAS to be unique anyway ;-)

> Who will be the president of the Kopete Unique Protocol ID Foundation, to
> assign id numbers to the plugin developers?

Numbers? Are you kidding? Strings are safer in that respect, and I am willing
to take the performance penalty associated with it.

> Dont mix protocol and id in the same variable, use a 2d vector.
> { id, protocol }, that is a lot better,  crap while I cant figure what is
> "protocol" there.

QPair could be used I guess, something like QMap<QPair<QString, QString>,
KopeteContact*> would do, although for readability some typedefs will help :P

Martijn