List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Three more wishes. :)
From:       Jeff Stuart <jstuart () computer-city ! net>
Date:       2002-05-29 19:09:14

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 02:50 pm, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> And there is an overall todo in the kopete source dir, but I think it's a
> bit outdated, nor is there a clear roadmap for what will be done for 0.5
> and what has to wait.

Ok.. well, I'll start to peruse the code.. ;)  And I'll start actually
learning how to write QT/KDE code. :D

> > Yes, that's VERY VERY ugly.. :D  I'm not sure how gaim did it but... ;)
> > I also know that they want to do a complete API rewrite but they've been
> > saying that for a WHILE now.. ;)
>
> I don't believe in more or less complete API rewrites. Reasons: it makes
> the time between releases incredibly large, it makes it almost impossible
> to accept and incorporate patches to older version and it almost certainly
> introduces too much bugs in one huge burst. Examples of this:

Their "big" API rewrite is what they are calling the GUI/Core split.  IE make
it GUI independent similar to licq is.

And yes, an API rewrite is a PIA.. ;)  Alogn with the examples you listed, I'd
add apache 2.0. :D