List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Skins for 0.5?
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () ism ! nl>
Date:       2002-05-29 14:39:25

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 17:52, Hendrik vom Lehn wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 May 2002 07:43, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > From my point of view I consider the idea horrible, I don't like skinned
> > applications AT ALL. Instead, just give your entire GUI a nice, uniform
> > skin. Skins were invented on operating systems that didn't support widget
> > styles and I'd love to keep it that way.
>
> I also don't want this feature much, but I only search for an littel bigger
> thing i could do for kopete.
> So any idea what I could do for 0.5 ?

Something you miss in Kopete yourself maybe?

In general, I want to 'outsource' more stuff from the protocols into libkopete
for 0.5, so if you are strong at API/software design you're more than welcome
to help out there.

If you want simple stuff, the tab order of the widgets in the MSN prefs dialog
needs fixing, and the 'add contact' stuff needs a serious redesign as well.
More GUI problems are easy to find as well I think.

And the emoticon support should change. What I would like is to have emoticon
'sets', like 'Kopete', 'Trillian', 'MSN', 'Yahoo', etc, that can enabled by
the user. The order in which they are listed determines which emoticon takes
precedence.

[x] Enable Emoticons
Available Sets                Active Sets
--------------                -----------
MSN                           Kopete
Yahoo           [ >  Add   ]  Trillian    [ /\  Up  ]
ICQ             [ < Remove ]  Gaim        [ \/ Down ]
Jabber

Additionally, this emoticon support should get an extra tab for each protocol,

Emoticons
( ) Disable
(x) Use Kopete settings
( ) Add the following to the Kopete settings
( ) Use only the following

So you can enable e.g. the MSN set only for the MSN protocol, or always, or
never.

Martijn