List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] patch, and other stuff
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-04 13:05:29

On Saturday 04 May 2002 12:47, Andres Krapf wrote:
> if nobody else has better ideas/code, the patch is attached... it'll imply
> that plugin writers will have to change 4 things:
>  - reimplement the KopeteProtocol::sendMessage method (basically, they just
> copy whatever slot they used to receive the messageSent signal from KMM)
>  - change the signature of it from slot(const KopeteMessage) to
> slot(KopeteMessage&).
>  - replace the KMM::appendMessage by a call to message.done() on successful
> sending over the wire.
>  - change the call to sessionFactory()->create, adding a KopeteProtocol
> pointer.

I have no time to look at it now, because I have to leave in five minutes, and
won't be back before late in the night, but two remarks that I saw:

1. Please include the .moc file at the bottom of the .cpp file. This is more
common in KDE/Qt code, although technically it doesn't make any difference at
all.

2. Why a copy constructor for KopeteMessage? It's a simple data object, and
the compiler will by default already make the required deep copy. I don't see
a reason to make the copy c'tor explicit, but I may have missed something.

Apart from that, it looks good, I will look at it more closely later.

Martijn