List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Autoaway plugin
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-04 12:57:05

On Saturday 04 May 2002 12:51, Ladislav Strojil wrote:
> The idea behind is that kopeteplugin defines method storeStatus and
> restoreStatus.

Please make that something like

KopeteStatus status() const;
void setStatus( const KopeteStatus &status );

or so. That's much more generic to reuse.

> kopeteapp then adds storeStatusAll and restoreStatusAll.

Likewise, I'd go for

QValueList<KopeteStatus> allStatuses() const;
void setAllStatuses( const QValueList<KopeteStatus> &statuses );

> Introducing KopeteStatus class looks like a good idea, the set of possible
> statuses is probably very similar with each protocol.

Not really. The idea was to have KopeteStatus reflect the basic statuses
(Online, Offline, Away, Busy) and the more verbose plugin-specific statuses
being internal. I.e., they can be queried with status() and restored with an
associated setStatus() call, but the enum that holds the four basic statuses
cannot be used in the simplified

enum KopeteStatus::Status { Online, Offline, Away, Busy };
void setStatus( KopteStatus::Status status );

function. The away code can call setStatus( KopeteStatus::Away );, but the
restore code has to provide an explicit KopeteStatus object instead.

But those were the ideas, I have no idea if Ryan already had time to implement
them. Seems he didn't. Nor do I have time to do this anywhere soon.

Martijn