List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: [Kopete-devel] Fwd: Bug in dutch translation of Kopete
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-10 13:06:54

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 14:37, Martin Sturm wrote:
> While I was already editting the kopete.po file of the Dutch translation, I
> updated all fuzzy and untranslated strings.
> De issue I adressed in my previous message about the incorrect shortcut key
> for ICQ messages is also fixed.

Good :-)

> I'm not very familiar with CVS stuff, but I think I managed to create a
> patch of the .po file against the CVS reposirory. The patch.diff is
> attached to this message :).

Yeah, the patch seems to be ok... I am not at all familiar with all the
translation stuff though, so someone knowledgeable on the subject may want to
review the patch before committing.

BTW, there is KBabel in the kdesdk package which is created exactly for stuff
like this. Although you can manually edit the .po files I seem to remember
that this is not recommended. One reason is that the .po files are stored in
utf8 (unicode) format and most text editors will screw that up when saving
accented letters and other non-ascii characters. Luckily that's not too much
of an issue in Dutch, but still...

Also, if you're more interested in KDE's translations and want to ask
questions in Dutch to people who know how all that stuff works, you may want
to consider subscribing to the Dutch translator's mailinglist. See
http://www.kde.org/international/netherlands/nl/index.html for details and
documentation.

Anyway, thanks for the patch! I'm sure one of the people who knows the
translation stuff better than me will commit it for you (hint!) :-)

Martijn