List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Patch for hiding instead of closing
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-04-09 15:00:16

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 15:48, Henrik \(Mauritz\) Johnson wrote:
> The Quit command from the systray doesn't work with this patch. I'm not
> very familiar with kaccel and stuff (Mostly a Qt man myself). Perhaps
> someone can check it out.

Not surprising, since the quit from the systray does nothing but ... closing
the mainwindow! Not sure how that should be solved though, because the
systray command is defined in ksystray.h (part of kdelibs).

ksirc also quits when the main window closes. Since the main window is usually
hidden by most people and closing a secondary window doesn't trigger a quit
you won't notice that normally. kscd quits on close and I have no other
systrayed apps that I know of (read: use) to test with.

Maybe the solution like ksirc ain't bad: have a mainwindow that's different
from the contact list window. If we can't put anything useful in that main
window, then it can at least serve as an ugly hack to always have a hidden
mainwindow which will never be shown.

Opinions?

Martijn