List:       konsole-devel
Subject:    Re: [Konsole-devel] Disable BiDi rendering in konsole4
From:       Diego Iastrubni <elcuco () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-03-15 21:20:18

Hi Robert,

(I see your response on the archives, but it did not arrive here).

I saw the patch you made a few weeks ago. It's not enough. Also, setting
the "layout direction" on the painter is not what I need. I don't want to
change the paragraph direction on the drawed text, but disable the BiDi
rendering on the display, since console applications already take care of it.
(vim and emacs have a bidi build, and there are other hacks as fribidi and
akka). Changing the location of the chars will confuse a lot of applications,
and must be avoided.

For example, "cat mazal-tov.txt" on your konsole with the patch attached
previously and then enable/disable the BiDi rendering.

On Friday 14 March 2008 21:14:45 Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> One feature which is missing from konsole4 (comparing to konsole3) is the
> rendering of BiDi. In konsole3 BiDi was disabled by default and it can be
> enabled from the options dialog, or pressing alt+control+b.
>
> In QPainter4, there is no option for this, but it may be hacked using &LRO;
> +text (I will open a task in Trolltech and ask for such method in Qt4.5).
> Meanwhile, I have a patch here which enables/disables this feature (note
> that there was some code left in konsole, some variables already defined
> which deal with BiDi).
>
> I still am missing the keyboard shortcut to enable/disable this on the
> current view/profile, and I was hopping someone would give me a hint about
> this.
>
> The patch is attached, and I can commit if no one objects.
>
> - diego

["mazal-tov.txt" (text/plain)]

מזל טוב