List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: AC_C_LONG_DOUBLE problems.
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-09 0:57:37

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 09:21:59AM -0800, David Erickson wrote:
> I'm cross-compiling to MIPS, and I ran into a problem with the
> AC_C_LONG_DOUBLE check. The configure fails here because it requires a run
> check, not a compile check, and you can't do a run check when
> cross-compiling. I'm surprised others haven't mentioned this when
> cross-compiling for StrongARM or other processors. Is it just me?
>
> I hacked configure for now to get past it, but I found that newer versions
> of configure support a compile check for long double. Here's an email about
> it:
>
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/autoconf/1999-September/008219.html
>
> Any plans to upgrade our autoconf code?

Actually I think we don't need this check at all. Now that you point me to
it I see quite a bunch of other unnecessary configure checks in configure.in.in
(my fault, copy&paste is just too easy :)

For a quick run removing the AC_C_LONG_DOUBLE from configure.in.in should
do it. The real fix however is probably to really clean up the file
completely :-)

Anyone wants to? Otherwise I'll see if I can find time for it on the weekend :)

Bye,
 Simon