List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: Javascript and konq crash
From:       Yan Seiner <yan () seiner ! com>
Date:       2006-04-03 14:06:32

Eva Brucherseifer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've created the attached patch, which at least doesn't break anything visible
>to me:
>- it uses UString::from(double) from the cvs version below
>- I also tried to come up with replacements for the other usages of kjs_dtoa.
>I am not sure it is correct though. The conversion code didn't exist at all
>before kjs_dtoa was introduced.
>- kjs_strtod was replace by strtod
>
>Maybe someone with more insight into kjs can have a look?
>
>Thanks,
>eva

Eva:

There is a parallel discussion on floating point that may be of interest
on the yahoo TS7000 group:

days...  There is a thread on floating point.  Read the posts by Lennert
Buytenhek, one of the ARM kernel developers.  Apparently some versions
of glibc are also broken, resulting in wrong floating point results.

--Yan